Get Rid Of Open Pores
Large Open pores are probably second only to spots and dark circles when we talk about things about our skin that drive us wild. The problem – called Porexia can occur in anybody.
Those with oily skin can suffer, but is mainly those with dryer skin that are more prone to the problem.
Dry skin along with blocked pores tend to be linked, as pores get blocked with dirt and everyday pollutants, they lose their elasticity and remain open.
How To Deal With Open Pores
It is important to pay strict attention to your skin care regime, be confident about the products that you currently use, if in doubt about any of them, stop using them, as some can actually increase the blockages, reducing the skins ability to breathe and making the problem worse.
People with oily skin often have over active sebaceous glands that make sebum – the skins natural oil. In larger quantities this can set quite hard in the pores, blocking the pores, stopping them closing and allowing dead skin cells and dirt to collect, which can make the pores wider and more inflamed.
Some Tips For Perfect Pores
- Pick spots as infection can spread
- Use harsh abrasives on your skin, these can aggravate enlarged pores
- Go to bed without taking makeup off, this helps your skin to breathe naturally, helping the natural renewal process.
- Exfoliate regularly to remove dead skin cells
- Use natural products high in AHA’s to not upset the skins natural balance
- Keep your skin free from excess oils
- Use Sunscreen – even during winter as any exposure to sun can harm your skin
- Rub ice cubes on affected areas, this helps to close open pores
Simple Home Remedies For Open Pores
Make a paste with two tablespoons of curd and flour, mix well and chill. Apply this as a mask to your face and leave for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with clean cold water and repeat twice a week to reduce large skin pores
Mix 2 tablespoons of oatmeal with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and one egg white and, when a smooth paste, apply over the face.
Leave for 30 minutes before removing with cold water, gently scrubbing as it comes off.
Use twice a week for a good natural exfoliation.
Mix rose water with cucumber juice in equal quantities and apply after cleansing. Wash off with clean water after 12 minutes.
Home Made Facial Scrub
Mix rice powder along with rose water and dry orange or lemon peel for an effective natural facial scrub