How To Get Rid of Back Acne
Acne can form anywhere that has sebaceous glands (responsible for the production of sebum, oil and hair follicles), which means those pesky pimples can appear anywhere except the palms of your hands and feet. Andrea Craig, National Educator of Murad Skincare told Marie Claire that “The skin on your back has larger pores in comparison to your face which means they are far more likely to become clogged. This is why it’s best to look for products that are specifically designed for the body to treat back acne”. So how do you get rid of your back acne (bacne)? We’ve got some top tips to help you get started!
(1) Firstly, make sure that you’re on your best bacteria blasting game when it comes to showering, especially after sweaty activities like a good gym session. The area between your skin and your clothing is the perfect situation for bacteria to breed, resulting in bacne, so showering ASAP washes away the bacteria before it has the chance to clog up your pores.
(2) Whilst we’re on the subject of gym clothing and bacteria, avoid tight fitted clothing. We know you want to look cute at the gym, but spandex material traps oil and moisture, preventing your skin from breathing and inevitably causing clogged pores and bacne. Opt for cotton clothing instead, especially during your workouts.
(3) Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! As we mentioned before, the pores on your back are larger than the ones on your face, which means they’re more likely to become clogged. Use a body scrub two to three times a week to slough off dead skin cells (and prevent clogging), as well as clearing clogged pores. It’ll also help with the overall tone and texture of your back by helping with resurfacing new skin cells.
(4) Try spot treating with tea tree oil** and witch hazel. Tea tree oil has powerful antibacterial properties, whilst witch hazel is an astringent that helps to kill harmful bacteria, soothe redness and inflammation, as well as balancing oil production and shrinking pores. Add 20 to 40 drops of each to your favorite moisturiser and use as normal.
(5) **Tea Tree oil is a key component in Australia’s best selling Acne treatment Exposed Skincare, coupled with a blend of both natural and scientifically developed acne busting compounds, the extensive range of Exposed Skincare products are so effective that the manufacturers offer a special cash back guarantee – Clearer skin in 30 days or your money back!!
Thats too good to miss and means that you have nothing to lose by trying it (except your acne)